Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dear Friends and Loyal Readers...

I'm sure you have all been biting your nails and pacing the internet in anticipation of my beloved Bachelor recap, but alas, I was on an aer-o-plane last night and was unable to watch and therefore bless you with my witty commentary this mourning/afternoon.  But don't fret dear friends, I will be watching the latest epi tonight and preparing my recap tomorrow.  (so check back tomorrow)


In other news, I traveled with the hubs to the Windy City for a nice long weekend to visit friends and family and to eat my body weight in Portillo's, Gino's East and Lou Malnati's.  I will need to fast for the next 5 days and subsist on nothing but raw vegetables in order to undo the damage and prevent any coronaries.  I kid, but seriously, I need to eat some serious salads...At least it was nice and warm while we were there.  If your definition of warm is in the 20s with a wind chill of 5 with snow, then we were W-A-R-M!!  Aside from the lovely weather, we had a great time and have almost zero pictures to show for it.  Boo.


Enjoy the few we did take!  Mostly of me looking ridiculous with the novelty of snow.



The beautiful skyline on a night's walk.

 

Old Main on the campus of North Central College in Naperville.


Matt's claim to fame.  That's him on the left with the DNA helix.  This resides in the Bookstore of NCC as a border on the wall.

At the tail end of the trip we went out to Elburn, IL to hang with Matt's Aunt and Uncle and cousins.  They got some great snow while we were out there.  :)

Can you tell how HUGE those snowflakes are?!  So cool...I've never seen such big flakes, they looked like feathers falling out of the sky!


All in all we had a great trip and I got to meet some really great people!  We're so blessed to have friends and family who take us in and let us come to the great places they live!  We love to travel.

P.S. If we are Facebook friends chances are you've already seen these pics.  Deal with it.

Love,
The Sorensons

No comments:

Post a Comment