Unlike some, I chose not to update my facebook status every 5 minutes with my current thoughts on the Grammy's. One reason is that it would have dominated your newsfeed, and two because I'm hoping you're reading this right now and I need approval so I want people to look at my blog.
To keep this from getting too wordy, I will let you read these as if they were posted on facebook:
"J-Hud brought down the house. Weight Watchers looks good on you."
"Train: And thank you to Justin Bieber for not being a duo or group!" --Yeah, because your other competition was Maroon 5...not hard to walk away with a Grammy in this scenario. Slash, Glee really counts in this category?!
"I'm not digging Ricky Martin's silvery sparkly skinny jeans..."
"Gaga is a weirdo. The pointy shoulders, heads in silicone, cheez whiz outfits..."
--Side note: Her song is a much worse knock off of Madonna's Respect Yourself. Give yourself a minute to find the tune for aforementioned song, and you'll realize that Gaga totally ripped off the beat. But it's okay, because she imagined Whitney Houston singing this song?! If I were Whitney, I'd be offended.
"Blake and Miranda are adorbable. I want to be friends with them"
"Lenny is BALD?! And he's wearing a cow skin rug as a vest?"
"Muse. Rocks"
"Why is B.O.B sporting a Col. Mustard eye piece?"
"I don't love Eva Longoria's dress..."
"I. Have. Bieber. Fever" and I'm not ashamed.
"I love Mumford and Sons"
-I guess Avett bros are pretty good too
"Bob Dylan needs to retire"
"Lea Michele announcing the "wimmers", poor thing" The dude from the Packers has a MASSIVE neck.
"Ew Miley"
"Lady Antebellum wins everything..."
"Loving the Cee Lo Green show! Hilar. The puppets were awesome. Hated Gwyneth's shoes, except I liked her appearance. Cee Lo might be the biggest bird I have ever seen"
"Katy Perry may be pretty, but she sure can't sing"
"Um, shut up. Norah. Mayer. Urban, ahhhhhmazing!"
"So. over. Need You Now and Lady Antebellum"
"Loving Ri Ri's dress for the Eminem performance"
"Who is Esperanza Spaulding?? Should have gone to Mumford"
"I know this is probably evidence of my lack of musical taste, but I could care less about Mick and Barbara performing."
"Nicki Minaj is a weirdo. She looked like a cheetah carcass"
"Love that Eminem won the Grammy. 'What up Detroit, stand up!"
"We're back to Puff Daddy? Aight. But seriously, gold teeth?"
"The Rihanna, What's my name song is too dirrrrty for my liking."
"J. Lo is like a foot taller than her shrimp of a husband. I didn't find them cute or funny"
"Again: Over Lady A"
"Arcade Fire's got a lot going on...specially the dude in the plaid in the back making that gosh awful screaming noise."
"Barbara, like me, seemed surprised Arcade Fire won."
"Was this encore planned? Seemed super awkward." Kinda like the chick yelling 'kickass' from the audience."
And with that my friends, I bid you adieu. What about you? Do you have any comments/thoughts from the Grammy's I didn't touch on? Are you P.O.'ed that Bieber didn't win anything?
Two thoughts:
ReplyDelete1) If I were a twit, I would have tweeted almost identical thoughts.
2) I'm obsessed with Eminem more now than ever. He's my idol, in a "I'm-a-white-girl-but-love-hard-core-rap-from-a-white-guy" sort of way.
I am pretty much identical on most of these thoughts. Love your blog. Hope things are well.-Gillian
ReplyDeleteOh Katie, I so appreciate your comments and support of my blog. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Gillian! It's good to hear from you! Hope you are well too, and congrats on your engagement!
ReplyDelete